- Decorations: Decorate you home however you like! Judging will include doors, windows, yards, basically anything that can be seen from the street or sidewalk.
- Application: To participate, have the exterior of you home/business decorated by Saturday December 7, 2019 at 8:00 p.m.
- Judging: We need 7 judges! You must be an Emmitsburg resident and you can’t vote for yourself or your business. The judges will drive around Emmitsburg and choose their favorite houses and businesses. We will provide them with a sheet where they can write their votes (short & simple). No elected officials or town staff can be judges. Judges will be kept confidential to help prevent bias. Judging will occur for one week. This year it will be between Sunday December 8, 2019 and Sunday December 15, 2019. The judges can choose to take one night to judge or multiple nights to judge. We just need to have their recommendations by the deadline
- Prizes: 3 award categories: most traditional, most decorative, business. A big thank you to the Emmitsburg Business and Professionals Association (EBPA) that donated the money last year and is donating the money this year too. Prize money is a follows…
- Most traditional: 1st place ($75), 2nd place ($50), honorable mention
- Most decorative: 1st place ($75), 2nd place ($50), honorable mention
- Best Business: 1st place ($75), 2nd place ($50), honorable mention
- Winner Announced: The winner will be announced on our website and social media the Friday before Christmas (Dec. 20) by 4:00 p.m. Winners will be presented with their award from Mayor Briggs at the town meeting on January 6, 2020.
SIGN UP TO BE A JUDGE!!
1. Live within the Emmitsburg Town limits.
2. Be available the week of Sunday, December 8, 2019 for judging.
3. Not be an Emmitsburg elected official or town staff member.
Judging will occur between Sunday December 8, 2019 and Sunday December 15, 2019.
Judges can choose to take one night to judge or multiple.
To prevent bias, judges names will be kept confidential.
Chosen judges will receive $25 as a thank you for their time (contingent upon the return of their judging form).
To apply fill out the form below or contact the Town Office at (301) 600-6300, email@example.com.