Located along Chesapeake & Potomac Avenues. It covers 5.5 acres
Memorial Park Amenities Include:
- Restroom facilities
- A covered pavilion w/picnic tables that may be reserved for rentals
- Playscape for children
- Men’s & women’s softball fields
How do I reserve a Pavilion?
Fill out a pavilion reservation request form and submit to the Town office with reservation fee. You may want to contact the Office ahead of time to check park availability at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-600-6300.
$75 for Emmitsburg residents (verified by State ID)
$125 for non-residents
Reservation includes use of facilities, bathrooms and utilities.
Reservations are rain or shine. Refunds will not be granted for cancellations within 10 days of reservation date.
$25 of reservation fee will be returned upon inspection of the facilities by Town staff.
You can pay in person via cash, credit card or check; over the phone via credit card or with a check through the mail.
Non-profits are exempt from the park pavilion fee as long as the non-profit user does not charge admission and the event is not a fundraiser. Proof of federal 501(c)(3) status may be required. All non-profit organizations are required to submit a $125 security deposit that will be returned if the pavilion and/or bathrooms are left in good condition.
Reservation fees are in accordance with Policy P17-02 passed on 3/6/2017.
In order to be eligible for a partial refund, the park must be left in good condition and the following items completed before leaving:
- Bathrooms straightened. No trash on the floor. Please refill any empty paper products (e.g. paper towels, toilet paper). Extra paper products and trash bags are available in the storage closet between the men and women’s bathrooms.
- Trashcans must be emptied, bags placed in the dumpster and a new trash bag inserted in the trash can. Do not leave trash in the bathroom or pavilion trash cans.
- Keys provided: Restrooms, supply closet, electric box (Community Park only) and water spigot. Please lock everything up before leaving.
- Keys returned to the town office within two business days.
- No alcohol on the property. No vehicles on the grass.
- You must sign keys out for the facilities during normal business hours prior to your event. No keys = no bathrooms or power.
Town staff will not be available evenings, weekends or holidays for non-emergency issues.