8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday - Friday
We accept walk-ins, but appointments are recommended to guarantee service.
Zach Gulden, MPA
The Emmitsburg Town Zoning Certificate Permitting Process
All applicable projects within the town limits must go through the following process.
- Submit application for a Zoning Permit.
- Town review and approval. This must be completed before any necessary applications are made for Frederick County permits.
- Frederick County Permit Process-if required
- Frederick County Use & Occupancy approval
- Town Use & Occupancy approval, after inspection
Frederick County Permits
For information about the Frederick County Permit process go to www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/permit
Other permit applications - such as Grease Trap, Sidewalk Commercial, Infrastructure, Street Cutting, and Sewer Connection - are available at the Town Office.