8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday - Friday
We accept walk-ins, but appointments are recommended to guarantee service.
Susan H. Cipperly
AICP, Town Planner
The Emmitsburg Town Zoning Certificate Permitting Process
All applicable projects within the town limits must go through the following process.
- Submit application for a Zoning Permit.
- Town review and approval. This must be completed before any necessary applications are made for Frederick County permits.
- Frederick County Permit Process-if required
- Frederick County Use & Occupancy approval
- Town Use & Occupancy approval, after inspection
Frederick County Permits
For information about the Frederick County Permit process go to www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/permit
Other permit applications - such as Grease Trap, Sidewalk Commercial, Infrastructure, Street Cutting, and Sewer Connection - are available at the Town Office.