Town of Emmitsburg, Maryland
Bay Restoration Fee Hardship Exemption Program
The State of Maryland now allows for an exemption from paying the $5 per month fee for those who meet the following hardship guidelines:
Proposed financial hardship exemption criteria:
The applicant must meet 2 of the following conditions:
• If owner-occupied, property owner must be receiving the Homeowners’ Property Tax Credit.
• Receiving energy assistance subsidy;
• Receiving public assistance-supplemental security income (SSI) or food stamps;
• Receiving veterans or social security disability benefits;
• Household child receiving free or reduced lunch benefits.
Application Procedure and forms:
• Completion of Bay Restoration Fee hardship exemption application form.
• Proof the applicant resides at the property.
Required Supporting Documentation:
• Copy of tax bill or proof of Homeowners’ Property Tax Credit approval.
• Copy of energy bill, benefit check, or other documentation of receiving one of the above benefits.
• Maximum of one year based on fiscal year July 1 through June 30
• Applicant must request exemption renewal.
• Application must be received by July 30 of the effective year
• New residents will be reviewed upon application then again each July 1
click here for application