July 11, 2022 at 7:30pm
1. Appointment of Kevin Hagan as a regular member of the Planning Commission with a term of July 11, 2022 July 11, 2027 for consideration.
2. Appointment of __________ as an Alternate to the Board of Appeals with a term of July 11, 2022 July 11, 2025 for consideration.
1. Administrative Business
A. Presentation by Mount St. Mary’s staff regarding a MSM Freshman Event in E. Eugene Myers Park on August 20, 2022.
1. Public hearing and consideration of proposed Ordinance 22-07, zoning text amendment application.
A. This ordinance would add “Hostel / Inn” as a permitted use in the General Commercial (B-2) zoning district.
2. Review and approval of the St. Joseph College and Emmitsburg High School Wayside Exhibits for consideration.
A. St. Joseph College
; Emmitsburg High School
3. Approval of Resolution 2022-03R, bond reduction request for the Irishtown Road project, for consideration.
A. This resolution will authorize a bond reduction for the Irishtown Road project from $815,584.89 to $125,343.10 due to public improvement items being completed and fully inspected.
4. Approval of Policy P22-02, update to parking fees and fines for consideration.
A. This policy would modernize the Town’s parking meter fees, permits, and fines, which have not been reviewed since 2018. Meter bag permits and parking meter fees would gradually be increased from 01/2023 – 01/2027 in order to help fund various parking upgrades throughout the Town. An updated five-year parking plan will be presented to the Board.
5. Approval of Ordinance 2022-02, update to Title 10 – Parking for consideration.
A. This ordinance would modernize the Town’s Vehicles & Traffic Code in order to allow parking meter fees, meter bag fees, and parking fines to be paid by credit card via a third party vendor. It would change the parking meter hours of operation to 8am – 8pm Monday through Saturday. Parking boots would be allowed to be utilized. Fines are moved from ordinance to policy.
6. Approval of Ordinance 2022-04, collection of municipal charges for consideration.
A. This ordinance would allow any valid charges, taxes, or assessments issued by or on behalf of the Town, in addition to real estate taxes, be charged as liens upon the real property of the debtor within the municipality. Such liens shall be able to be collected in the same manner as municipal taxes are collected.
7. Approval of deed of easement for the Emmitsburg East Industrial Park II for consideration.
A. The project’s landscape, snow storage, utility, storm water management, forest conservation, sewer abandonment, and stream buffer easements will be accepted by the Town as a requirement of development. The long term forest conservation agreement will also be approved.